On Friday, U.S. stocks experienced a downward trend, with the Nasdaq Composite seeing a decline of more than 100 points. Despite this, there were several notable stocks that achieved significant gains during the trading session.
- MMTec, Inc. (NASDAQ: MTC) – Shares surged 37.6% to $2.84, following a 51% jump on Thursday. The company is scheduled to hold its 2023 annual meeting of shareholders on November 10, 2023.
- Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings Inc. (NYSE: KNX) – Shares climbed 11.1% to $50.95 after reporting better-than-expected third-quarter financial results.
- Bowlero Corp. (NYSE: BOWL) – Shares gained 9.4% to $11.92 after completing a $432.9 million sale-leaseback with VICI Properties.
- Mister Car Wash, Inc. (NYSE: MCW) – Jumper 8.7% to $5.87. Goldman Sachs maintained a “Sell” rating for Mister Car Wash but lowered the price target from $7 to $5.
- CleanSpark, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLSK) – Rose 7.1% to $4.1442 following a surge in Bitcoin.
Other Notable Gainers:
- Hut 8 Mining Corp. (NASDAQ: HUT) – Gained 7% to $1.9150 amid a rise in Bitcoin.
- Euronet Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: EEFT) – Jumped 6.7% to $82.11 after reporting better-than-expected third-quarter financial results and issuing fourth-quarter adjusted EPS guidance above estimates.
- Metropolitan Bank Holding Corp. (NYSE: MCB) – Gained 6.1% to $34.17 following the release of their third-quarter financial results.
- Autoliv, Inc. (NYSE: ALV) – Rose 5.6% to $95.26 following the announcement of their third-quarter results.
- Marathon Digital Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: MARA) – Gained 4.7% to $8.07 with the surge in Bitcoin.
While the overall market may have experienced a decline, these stocks managed to defy the trend and deliver impressive returns. As always, it is important for investors to conduct thorough research and analysis before making any investment decisions.
About the Photo: