The Dow Jones closed higher by over 150 points on Wednesday. When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company’s prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga’s insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: Crexendo, Inc. CXDO Chief Revenue Officer Jon Brinton acquired a total of 2,000 shares an average price of $2.14. To acquire these shares, it cost around $4,280.
- What’s Happening: Crexendo posted better-than-expected third-quarter earnings.
- What Crexendo Does: Crexendo Inc is a provider of cloud communications, UCaaS, call center, collaboration services, and other cloud business services.
- The Trade: Energous Corporation WATT CEO and President Cesar Johnston acquired a total of 52,000 shares at an average price of $1.82. To acquire these shares, it cost around 94,640.
- What’s Happening: Energous posted a narrower-than-expected third-quarter loss.
- What Energous Does: Energous Corp is a development stage technology company. It is developing a technology named WattUp, which will enable RF (radio frequency) based wire free charging for electronic devices.
Check This Out: Jim Cramer Likes Founder Of AI Company, But Stock Is ‘Losing A Fortune’ And There’s ‘Too Much Hype There’
- The Trade: iHeartMedia, Inc. IHRT CEO and Chairman Robert W Pittman acquired a total of 100,000 shares at an average price of $2.06. The insider spent around $205,950 to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: iHeartMedia reported third-quarter revenue of $953 million, down 3.6% Y/Y.
- What iHeartMedia Does: iHeartMedia Inc is a us-based diversified media and entertainment company. It operates through the segments of the Multiplatform Group, the Digital Audio Group, and the Audio & Media Services Group.
- The Trade: Apyx Medical Corporation APYX CEO Charles D. Goodwin II acquired a total of 50,000 shares at an average price of $1.57. The insider spent around $78,500 to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: Apyx Medical reported worse-than-expected third-quarter financial results.
- What Apyx Medical Does: Apyx Medical Corp is an energy technology medical device company.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here