Governmental Cannabis Retailer Welcomes First Female CEO
The governmental cannabis retail monopoly in the Canadian province of Quebec, the Société québécoise du cannabis (SQDC), has appointed a new president and CEO, Suzanne Bergeron. She will assume her duties on November 27. With over two decades of experience in strategic management and talent development, Bergeron brings valuable expertise to lead SQDC.
Bergeron’s previous experience at Sodexo has prepared her for this prominent role. She holds an Executive MBA from McGill-HEC Montréal and has undergone governance training from the IGOPP (Institute for Governance of Private and Public Organizations) and an Executive Leadership Certificate from Cornell University.
Morocco Takes Charge of Cannabis Regulations With New Director
Moroccan King Mohammed VI recently named Mohamed El Guerrouj as the general director of the Morocco National Agency for Regulating Cannabis Related Activities (ANRAC). El Guerrouj, who has been temporarily serving in this role since September 2022, brings a wealth of experience to the position. The appointment was made during a council of ministers’ meeting to address various matters in the country.
New Leadership At Massachusetts Cannabis Commission
The Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission (CCC) has recently appointed Debra Hilton-Creek as its acting executive director. This decision follows the suspension of Shannon O’Brien, the previous CCC chair, by state treasurer Deborah Goldberg. The change in leadership aims to bring fresh perspectives and strategies to drive growth and innovation in Massachusetts’ cannabis industry.
Key Marijuana Content Officer Steps Down From Denver-Based Marijuana Media Company
Pamela Moore, the chief content strategy officer for Denver-based marijuana media company Marijuana Business Daily, has decided to step down from her role after four years. Moore’s resignation is unrelated to her professional endeavors and is solely driven by personal reasons. She remains committed to contributing to the cannabis industry and her family.
Cannabis Board Shake-Ups
Several companies in the cannabis industry are making changes to their board of directors to bring fresh perspectives and strategies for growth and innovation. These include:
- Greenway Greenhouse Cannabis Corporation (GWAY, GWAYF): Shareholders re-elected Jamie D’Alimonte, Carl Mastronardi, Darren Peddle, Dennis Staudt, and Marty Komsa as directors of the company’s board.
- StateHouse Holdings Inc. (STHZ, STHZF): Marc Ravner and Joshua Baker resigned from the company’s board of directors.
- Glass House Brands Inc. (GLAS, GLASF, GHBWF): John A. Pérez, the former California Assembly Speaker, joined the board of directors, replacing Robert Hoban.
- Rubicon Organics Inc. (ROMJ, ROMJF): Doris Bitz joined the company’s board of directors.
- Greenlane Holdings, Inc. (GNLN): Jeff Uttz stepped down from the board of directors, with Gina Collins assuming the role.
- Flora Growth Corp (FLGC): Hussein Rakine resigned from his role as board director but will continue to serve as a special advisor to the company.
- Nextleaf Solutions Ltd. (OILS, OILFF): Sam Kassem, CFA, BBA, was appointed to lead the finance department, with Emma Andrews, interim CEO, joining the board of directors.
Photo: Courtesy of geralt, lindsayfox Pixabay
Don’t Miss Out on the Green Rush
Experts believe cannabis stocks have found their floor and are now poised for unprecedented growth. Join Benzinga PotProfits, where Michael Berger, our in-house canna stock expert, uncovers the most promising cannabis stocks poised for growth, even in a dull market. Stay ahead of the game and don’t miss out on potential double-digit opportunities!
Just this year, the PotProfits portfolio has seen smoking-hot gains like:
- 47.10% with $GTBIF
- 40.23% with $TCNNF
- 21.50% with $VFF
Michael is about to release his next potential winners, and he can’t wait to share these ticker symbols with you. Don’t miss out on the green rush!