HomeMarket NewsA New Script: 3 Entertainment Stocks That Outshine AMC

A New Script: 3 Entertainment Stocks That Outshine AMC

Actionable Trade Ideas

always free

Movie Stocks - Do You Like Movies? 3 Stocks that Are Better Buys Than AMC

Source: Zoriana Zaitseva / Shutterstock.com

AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC) played lead in a gripping saga of meme stocks, along with GameStop (NYSE:GME), during the 2021 short squeeze frenzy. Witnessing a meteoric rise, AMC’s shares soared past $200, capturing the attention of Wall Street observers like a sudden plot twist. However, post this peak, AMC’s narrative took a somber turn, with dwindling fundamentals and failed financial maneuvers casting doubt on its future.

As the curtains fall on AMC’s roller-coaster ride, investors are eyeing understudies like Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), Disney (NYSE:DIS), and IMAX (NYSE:IMAX) for a fresh act in the entertainment industry, offering a more compelling storyline with growth potential.

Streaming Sensation: Netflix (NFLX)

Netflix (NFLX) logo displayed on smartphone on top of pile of money.

Source: izzuanroslan / Shutterstock.com

Netflix, the streaming giant, has been a star performer, captivating audiences with a storyline of profit surge and subscriber growth. With double-digit revenue and subscriber increments in its latest earnings show, Netflix is reinventing the script by curbing password freeloaders, a move that attracted a flood of new subscribers.

This resurgence in customer numbers post-Pandemic is akin to a tantalizing plot twist. A stellar earnings run and share price surge place Netflix leagues ahead of traditional entertainment players like AMC.

Magic Kingdom Marvel: Disney (DIS)

Disney logo on a store front. DIS stock.

Source: chrisdorney / Shutterstock

Disney, the stalwart of entertainment, recently unveiled a stunning earnings show, with significant revenue stability and a remarkable profit hike. Embracing austerity measures to save over $500 million, Disney’s script contained a plot twist, boosting dividends by 50% amidst optimistic full-year growth projections.

With a 14% price surge over the year, Disney shares a stable narrative with investors, contrasting AMC’s turbulent trajectory.

The Big Screen Dream: IMAX (IMAX)

IMAX Remains Resilient Amidst Market Challenges

IMAX Earnings Report Recap

IMAX, a renowned technology and entertainment firm, released its financial results for the fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2023 on February 27. The company noted a 1% decline in earnings per share and a 12% decrease in total revenue year-over-year. Despite these figures, IMAX achieved substantial growth in revenue and gross margin compared to the previous year, with revenue soaring by 25% and gross margin expanding by 37% in 2022.

Stock Performance and Market Reception

Despite facing a 9% decrease in its stock price over the past year, IMAX witnessed a remarkable 21% surge in the last month. This surge was attributed to the favorable investor response to its recent earnings announcement. Moreover, the success of β€œDune 2” at the box office, marking the biggest movie debut of the year, has further bolstered IMAX’s standing in the market.

Comparative Analysis and Growth Prospects

IMAX’s overall profitability exhibited significant growth from 2022 to 2023, showcasing a robust business model that has garnered increased shareholder interest, unlike its counterpart AMC. The company’s performance highlights its resilience and ability to navigate challenges in the dynamic entertainment industry.

As of the time of publication, Noah Bolton had no direct or indirect holdings in the securities discussed in this article. The views expressed belong to the writer, in adherence to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.

Noah possesses approximately one year of freelance writing experience, during which he has collaborated with platforms such as Investopedia, covering diverse topics including stock markets and financial news.

Swing Trading Ideas and Market Commentary

Need some new swing ideas? Get free weekly swing ideas and market commentary from Jonathan Bernstein here: Swing Trading.

Explore More

Weekly In-Depth Market Analysis and Actionable Trade Ideas

Get institutional-level analysis and trade ideas to take your trading to the next level, sign up for free and become apart of the community.